Sunday, February 26, 2006

Spring retreat

Starting on a cloudy day filled with friends and laughter. On Friday Shelli walked me over to the student union where we were meeting to leave for spring retreat. While waiting I took T-love's skateboard (a little mini-banana board) and rode around there. While riding I fell, for the first time on a board. Yeah, first = worst. I got a huge bruise on my foot, it is now swollen, and I am now limping. I dont know if i sprained it or not. kinda scared to know.

While on the interstate driving I was told that Jill and Brianna were told that they were ganna get mooned by Seth and Dan. They were ahead of us on the interstate so we thought that we were doing good. Once we got past Sundance we looked behind us and saw T-love's truck driving towards us. Oh No! They quickly came up to us. John in the front seat with a camera but the other windows were closed so we were like, oh we might have hope here. NO, the jeep like vehicle that he drives has a back window that can be rolled down. There were two ugly butts sticking out at us as they passed us. Our car windows fogged up because we were laughig and shaking our heads in disbelief. I think that this memory will never leave my head. I heard later that they had done it over 12 times to other vehicles this weekend.

When we reached Sheridan we met up with UW Laramie, Casper College, Northwest, and I think another College from Nebraska. We did an activity where we got duct tape and had to make an accesory. My group made a belt with suspenders. I still have it. That evening after the lesson we played the Price Is Right. I got called up, yes, I almost won. But no, I didn't. It was quite funny. Played off really well...

On Saturday we woke up early, me still limping and headed down to the room where we had all the meetings. We started out the day with worship and a lesson, lunch (we walked to walmart and got a really cheap one!), then we went around the city and did prayer walks, kind acts for people there, and shoveled snow. My group didnt have as much of an adventure story as the others, like one group went to this lady's house and had to help her clean her house then she gave the a "treat" a rice cake with seaweed wrapped around it. Anyways, our group went to a Highland St. (I think that was it) and we walked praying and shoveled snow and prayed for the elementry school that was on that street, all the kids that go in and out and the teachers.

For dinner we went to Stanfords with our BH group. It was good. Brett and I took some pics around there. He is cool, it's funny cause he has the same photography goal as I do in life: to do mission Photography. After dinner we headed back to the hotel and had worship, shared our stories about serving that afternoon. Then there was the lesson, a mission guy came and talked to us after the lesson and it really sparked up the interests of some people who had been contemplating it for a while. Also they did this skit about coffee and used its comonality like sex. So instead of saying sex, they said coffee. Like coffee is everywhere, everyone loves coffee... It was funny. After that we had a half-an-hour to get together our air-bands for Sheridan Idol. I was in a group called Oooberchick, we did a song from Superchick. It was a riot. Lots of Relient K, a group did mexican song and that, I think, was the one of the best. They were eating tacos as they did it. Also the other good one was the 70's band doing, the Bee Gees. That was great, the lead "singer" had the chest hair and everything. hahah.


After Sheridan Idol we had worship until 2:00 then we were kicked out. During the worship God was awesome! I just felt that when I raised my arms I was making a path between me and God. Hard to expain. . . I also met a guy named Dwayne. He was really cool. He was next to me when we were chilling out worshiping God. Also there was this drunk guy, there is a bar right down the hall, who came into the room and was standing near the doors. He had a beer in his hands but it was kinda interesting that he had come in.

Today, Sunday, was great also. I didnt want to leave. There were still many people I had wanted to talk to that I hadnt been able to and this weekend was just great. I hate leaving good things and having to go back to "life". They told the CV group that Dave Vetter is having Jack Hall, our CV leader at BH, take over the whole thing. So the Headquarters for CV is going from Laramie, Wy to Spearfish, SD. After that we packed up and checked out, met in a room with our school and talked about the weekend and prayed for Jack and his wife and next year when he takes over lead of CV. Then it was chillin a bit more while waiting to get our stuff in the carrs and off it was, back to Speafish, Sodak.

There was more, but that I will remember on my own... Also just wanted to say that on our way back up to our rooms we stuffed as many people as we could in the elevator and we got stuck, it wouldnt move. that was funny, yes, but truly scary also. Alicia and I prayed and then a few of the guys near the front of the load yanked the doors open and we were a half a foot off the 1st floot. memories forever to hold, getting stuck in an elevator, getting mooned come on...

No comments: