Monday, January 16, 2006

the smell of it all

dad and i woke up this morning in rapid city. it was prety windy when we walked out of the hotel. him and i drove down to keystone and then through custer state park. we went down to sylvan lake. it was kind of weird to see it with ice and snow blowing over it. i havent ever seen that before. it was beautiful though. Dad and i then took a picture infront of the sign about harney peak. every year when we venture up there we always take a picture.
After that we drove through on the scenic rout from there to Lead/Deadwood. as we drove further north there was more snow. there was quite a bit by Terry Peak. Dad thought it was cool to drive through in the winter. he had never seen it that way before.

Dad and i then drove into spearfish and went to drop off my things in the dorm. as we got closer i got nervous or anxious
. one or the other. i really dont know why. it was just kind of weird. as i walked into Humbert i smelled it. Humbert Hall just has a certain smell; i just cant explain it. we lugged my clothes and other random objects up to my room. i then unpacked, found a spot for everything. after i was prety much done i took out my new mattress pad (a glorious gift i got for christmas) and layed it out. around then my stomach started to get hungry because we hadnt eaten since 9 that morning at it was around 4 mountain time. dad and i went to the chinese place in town and then headed back up to BHSU. it was a hard goodbye. We hugged, let go a bit, and then dad hugged me more. i said, "Dad, your ganna make me cry." i could feel my eyes starting to well up with tears and i looked at him and he was the same which made me want to cry even more. it was just as hard this time as the first.

later in the evening i went with shelly over to Thomas Hall and hung out with a few girls (we kinda ditched the guys in the lobby). to see all them again was nice. Brianna said she hadnt gotten home sick last semester but she was already getting home sick now. "Evil Christmas break". the 5 of us girls talked about next year too most are contemplating changing schools. shelli said she is probably going to go to northwest in Powell, Wyoming. Jill is going to hang out in Billings and take a year off. Lydia wants to go to Bismak, North Dakota and stay there (that is where her family is living). I guess it is all under consideration but its still kinda sad. Makes me want to go to UWS more because my friends are leaving. I guess we (jon and I) will see, depending on if i get accepted.

No comments: