Monday, January 09, 2006

a night with dena

Today was good. After I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes I took a shower and got ready for the day. Dena and I had plans for this afternoon. At 1:45 I got a little worried. She said she would be picking me up somewhere between 1-2 and I hadn’t yet heard from her. I called her, no one answered. At that point I decided not to look forward to the rest of the day. Sometimes I just over assume things. I didn’t want my heart to be let down by my good friend Dena. So I ended up moseying around the house trying to think of things to do, ending up playing with Mya. Then, the phone rang. Dena said she would was on her way.
When Dena arrived at our house my mom and her got into a conversation about China and adoption. After about an hour of conversing with my mother, Dena and I headed out the door. We ended up stopping at Caribou Coffee in Blaine. I got some hot cocoa and she got this apple cider stuff. The two of us sat on the couch chatting it away. I think that things are better now between the two of us because we are on the same level. Both have boyfriends, both in college, and so on…
After Caribou Coffee we headed back to her house and hung out there. We played a few games and talked. I ended up showing her my www.facebook.com pictures. Showed her the picture of Erin Dugan, my roommate. Also I showed her some pictures from CV and Freshmen Bible Study and just the people I hang out with. It was nice to be able to talk to someone about school in any depth. Ya know, you get the questions-> how’s school? You liking school? Finding friends? But you don’t get much depth. So it was good to be able to share those things with someone besides Jon.
We then went to Northtown Mall to get some food. We decided to go there because it is an in between spot for the two of our houses. We went into Deb and looked at some clothes. There was some cute stuff, a lot of sales. Neither of us bought much. After Deb, it was to the food court. We went to the Chinese place and they said there was a wait. Her and I went back to a table and she taught me a new card game. I liked it. I think that I actually won. It was all for kicks and grins though. The two of us then ate our food and went to Steve and Barry’s. The radio over-head started to play a song by Reliant K. I told Dena, “Yeah, Reliant K had gone sexual.” She laughed so hard at me. Ok, ok, so I said the wrong thing. After a few minutes of laughing I corrected myself and said they are “mainstream.” That was a little better. When done at Steve and Barry’s the night was coming to an end. We drove back to my house, said our goodbyes and there I was again, alone with my shadow.

No comments: