Sunday, January 15, 2006

A day on the road


Sunday, January 15, 2006: A day of beauty and bonding.

Today was my last day of Christmas break. After church I went with my family to Culvers and had lunch then it was back to school for me. My father and I left around 1:00 central time and got to rapid at 11:00 central (10 mountain). Not a bad treck and all. We slowed down for a bit between Wall and Rapid because the wind was picking up and making the car struggle a bit, also giving bad gas mileage.

I was excited yet a bit not to leave to go back. I am finally getting used to being home and into the swing of things and now I was ripped out of it and brought back to school where I had been getting used to college finally and was brought back home. I don’t know anymore. Crazy life. I love it in all, but it’s crazy.

My dad and I took 169 to 7 which goes past my grandparent’s house. We had to then stop and say hi to them. When we did, we just knocked on the door and walked right in. I think they were happy to see us. My grandma gave me a few hugs, we (mainly my dad, I just stood there and looked pretty) talked to them for a half an hour. Grandpa gave me $50 he shows love in giving. It’s nice though. I wasn’t going to fight about that.

We drove past my mom’s college that she went to her first year, South West State in southern Minnesota. Also my dad and I talked a lot. Call it bonding time. We talked about relationships. It was interesting to hear it from his point of view. Like my parents relationship and how when they got married it was make or break kind of thing, and how grandpa didn’t like it when my dad told him my mom and dad were going to get married. Told him that he should finish college and that you should make sure make sure he loves her. Grandpa and grandma got married because of their parents and my grandma was only 16. I don’t think I could do that.
Another thing my dad and I talked about was Church and things like that. All in all I really enjoyed spending the time with my dad. I think it is the most I talked to him all Christmas break. Him and I are much alike. Both of us were talking about cameras and what cool picture opportunities we had in front of us with the beautiful sunset ahead of us. I love my daddy! He means the world to me.

No comments: