Friday, March 18, 2005

something new

hello, today was my visit to Black Hills State University. It was awesome. I obviously didnt go to school today or yesterday. Yesterday my dad and I left on our way to Spearfish, SD at about 10 in the morning. I drove the whole way there. we took 169-60-I90 and that took us there. it was fun. dad and i had bonding time. oh the most interesting thing that happened yesterday was that i got my first speeding ticket. i was going 85 in a 75mph zone. it was actually kinda funny cause dad was recording for erin and i was paying attention to him and all the sudden, the cop came after me. i just thought it was kinda funny cause my dad was sitting there right next to me and i was on the way to visit a college.
we got to spearfish around 7 and then stopped at the hotel then drove around town. found the church i was looking at on the internet and just checked it all out.
today dad and i woke up at 8 and got ready. we got to the college at 9:20 or so. we had the info in a conference room and talked to teachers got more info. they answered some questions of ours and took a look at our majors in smaller groups. after that a girl named erin, our guide, showed us around the campus. that was fun. the more i see it the more i like it. it is so beautiful there with the mountains surrounding the town. i love that. i have always wanted to live in the black hills. so cool, i cant wait. after the tour we had lunch and then went back for some more lecture. some students came in and answered some questions like the teachers had. they told us about it from the students point of view. that was cool. looks good to me.
dad and i left for home right after it was all done so that i could be home tomarrow cause i have to work. i wish we hadnt had to leave. he drove the whole way home and i fell asleep for a few hours. i read a lot too on the way home until it got too dark to read. i so wish i could go back. i didnt want to come home.

No comments: