Tuesday, December 14, 2004

dating

ok what do you think about dating. so i was talking to one of my friends about it and i guess truthfully i havent thought about it for a while. i havent had to. a while back i prayed to God that he would take the crushes and "fake" feelings away from me. and he listened to me and did.
so i was again thinking about it and remembered about a few years ago while i was still young and somewhere in junior high or a freshman i decided to "date God" i am not going to date until after i graduate from high school. it is a promise i made to myself and God. i have kept my word, even if i have liked a guy i havent let it overcome my promise to God. I'm not going to break it. I dont like making promises if i am not going to be able to keep it. so that is why i dont normally promise anything.
i was then reminded of what i look for in a guy. (this i looked at i wrote it 3-4 years ago and i still feel the same way)
to have integrity and ambitions, love God and be seeking a relationship with Him, be respectful and responsible, to have a urning for Christ, love my family and friends, show the fruit of the spirit, have the same understanding as me and the same morals, we need to be able to lift eachother up, to be able to talk about anything with eachother, not keep anything hidden, trustworthy, dependable, and it would be cool if he was cute but looks dont matter.
what i am not going to compromise, GOD!, my goals and ambitions, my family, my friends, a life, my dreams, my daily walk with God, and I'm not going to compromise myself.
there ya go, its just a bit of what i felt like sharing, maybe i will share some more later, i have to finish my homework of Macbeth for english and go to bed, i have to work tomarrow night so i need to get sleep tonight. alright tell me what you think about dating and what i said if you would like, i would love to hear what you have to say. : -) enjoy your night!

1 comment:

Gustavus said...

Really good standards, and goals. I have simaler ones, only I'm trying to make it at least to my jounior year in college without a serious relationship hopefully all the way. I'd just assume not have to deal with all the effort time and potential heartbreak untill after i'm done with school... however that said I can't really wait forever. I'm leaving it up to God. If he leads me into something I'm not going to activly oppose it. The best advice I can offer is actualy from the Sound of Music "just because you love someone doesn't mean you love God less"