Wednesday, April 12, 2006

sent for a reason

that was good, i just had a great conversation with this girl named ashley from my dorm. she came in, gave me a high five, 36 hours until i get my driving privilages back!!

She was diagnosed with cancer of the lymph notes 4 1/2 years ago, her sophmore year of high school, the same year I was diagnosed with my brain tumor. She had her liceanse taken away also. Her and I talked about the experience and how we feel today, how we still think about it every day. Also how little things can scare us. We talked about how we look at life diff. than before and how we are more sensative to when people talk about cancer or things like that, make fun of handicaps or certain disorders. I told her how I feel like there is up to a certain line that you can joke around, but after that line, its a bit too sensative of a subject to joke about. It is good to know someone that can understand. I didnt have as much in my life as hers, but we are still at the same level of understanding, we understand eachother way more than someone who hasnt delt with this subject. I just wanted to say that God sent her in my life for a reason. I'm glad I have someone to talk about my brain tumor too and I am glad she feels she can talk to me about her cancer. She is going in tomorrow for another MRI and CT scan, she has to go in every few weeks and months.

She may get on my nerves sometimes because i need to get things done instead of talk, all in all though, I am very glad we have gotten to know eachother.

No comments: