Wednesday, March 22, 2006

persecution of the church

In the caff, I was walking towards the table that Jenny and Shelli sat down at. I was the last one there, me, being the slow one i am lately. As I was heading toward the table the two were praying for their meal, like every time before they eat. In a table near I heard laughing and saw them point at our table and laugh about my friends praying. I sit down and think quickly over the situation. Should I be strong and pray or should I fall into the trap and decide not to pray. I prayed. In my heart I was a little afraid contemplating everything that I just saw happen.

I heard more laughter and taunting from the table. I dont think they knew I could hear them. Jenny and Shelli didnt notice (that I know of). Heartbroken because some peoples beliefs and attitudes about others, I sat there and pondered throughout the meal about what the smallest things in ones life can do to others. Like praying every day in the caffeteria before you begin to eat your meal. Who all sees your prayer to God?

2 comments:

Gustavus said...

two good options: first pray for those people. They are empty to the point they need to attack others to have any measure of satifaction.

Second keep praying and don't be embaresed. Its not like their opinion of you should have any bearing on your belief.

I'm not sure that directly talking to them would have any effect however, "at all times preach the gospel and [only when neccisary] use words" so in other words live your life how Christ would want you to and the rest will fall in line.

Gustavus said...

Third. Do not be afraid for the lord is with you