Thursday, February 03, 2005

Farmstead

hello, oh what a beautiful day it was today. the temperature was up to about 50 degrees and the sun was shining down on the slushy streets.
School like normal wasnt too bad. i started choir at the begining of this week. yeah im a bad singer. yesterday i stayed after with mrs. olson and practiced in her office just the two of us. ok i might be able to stay on tune but boy i dont sound too good other wise.
i havent been feeling too good the past week. i dont have a temp. cause i never do get one. but i do have a never ending headache. and so on. nothing too interesting to talk about there.
after school i sat around and finished my questions for the good earth. that is actually a good book. i didnt know if it would be. you see some of the other books we read in english class are kinda boring like last year when we read the scarlet letter. it wasnt a horrid book, just not one i would read on my own decision.
anyways i went over to farmstead and because it was so nice out many of the residents were sitting outside, step in the water. that was funny. there ended up to be just 4 of us including me playing uno today. i was fine with that, i enjoyed it anyways. it was elmer, arny, and jenn. elmer and arny are the two stable commers. i didnt do too bad, i won a few times. jenn won the most though. she is one of the tuffer people. she always forgets how to play and i have to reexplain it to her every week but i still enjoy that she plays with us.
afterwards i sat in the activity room with elmer and talked to him for a bit. he's like, "so i see you're the volunteer of the month." and he went on from there. he said that he admires me because i dont act like other girls my age giggling and so on. also he said that he thinks its good how much i love my family and how we are together in God. He told me being a teacher, preacher, or nurse is the best. He said its good that i want to be a nurse and work in a place like farmstead. he told me he likes me because i can relate to them and that if it is a serious conversation or just jokin around i can stay in it. he told me that am going to be a great nurse. for a man of his stature and just being elmer, a 94 year old man to tell me he admires me is a great compliment. there are certain people that God sends into your life and i believe that elmer is one of them. he's such an encouragement to me. im going to miss volunteering very much when i go off to college. i dont think i would ever wish that i didnt volunteer. by doing it i reached one of my goals in life and God has blessed me for serving other people.

No comments: