Saturday, February 12, 2005

Aquire the Fire

alrighty, this weekend was the big shabang of Aquire the Fire which is a youth conference that i have gone to for at least the last 6 years. This year the title was keep it real. This year was good, i would have to say my first time to ATF was the best of them all but still they all have something i get out of it and then something i dont like. this year was the first that my good ol' Jon didnt come with me. it was kinda weird not to have him there with me i am so used to that now. i lived though didnt i?
my mom, my sister and her 3 friends and i met us with some of the kids from the land of cheese at the hotel on friday afternoon. we checked in and then they went swimming and i sat in the pool area and read a book. there is kid from wisc. and his name is joel. because i had no one to hang out with and i thought i would be nice i started talking to him (he was kinda the loner of the group). he is a freshmen. very immature. funny and clingy. nice guy and all. he started to cling to my he would grab my hood to make sure he didnt get lost or my arm and wouldnt let go. ok i do have a comfort zone. he was in other words flurting with me and some of the other girls, like my sister and her friends. no, i didnt flurt back. actually i tried to make it quite obvious that i dont flurt. im not going to date someone and then ditch him for some other guy. im not a player (inside joke). i was nice to joel and tried to make him feel involved and so on.
oh during the middle session i fell asleep. i am so bad. i must be getting old or something, i need my sleep. then during KJ-52 and Kutless i fell asleep laying down on the chairs. its kinda hard to exlplain how i layed down. joel tried to wake me up a few too many times. he blew bubbles in my face and stuff. then this one kid stepped on my stomach so that he could get to the chairs on the next step. i dont know if he did it on purpose or what but that wasnt cool. dena then came and sat on my stomach. i was trying to be all nice and stuff. but that really hurt. i couldnt breath too well. i just gave up on sleeping after that. well anyways, i enjoyed the weekend. i liked being a chaperone that was cool and it was really nice weather out for a weekend like this.
umm.. . oh we walked around minneapolas during our lunch break that was a blast. very beautiful. out of the normal stretch of carrie's life. later, its off to bed for me

1 comment:

Gustavus said...

hmm, hate the new comment system. ATF sounds like something really interesting. Weather its related or not it reminded me of Camp Beathel that I used to go to as a kid. Thank you for the fond memories.

I assume the inside joke was directed at me :P