Monday, October 25, 2004

volunteering

okidoki, every thursday for more than a year i have been volunteering at a place called farmstead which is an assisted living place for older people. every thursday i play games mostly uno or dominoes and then the second to the last thursday of every month is a birthday party bash for people living theres b-day. ok so every once in a while a guy named joe who works in the kitchen comes in and plays the games with us for a little bit and then goes back to work or he talks to me and stuff. anyways today i started volunteering on mondays during my 5th hour free period so i first of all went to big bite pizza to show the manager there, joe, the add that i had designed for him to put in the yearbook. i got some very tasty breadsticks there too. and talked for a few minutes to my brothers girlfriend rachel, she is awesome. anyways so i got to farmstead and joe was sitting there in the little book/ fireplace area and so i stopped said hi to him and gave him a breadstick. then i went helped cheryl out for a bit and went back out there and joe was still there. he was playin on his cell phone. anyways i sat down for a little while and he asked me about some stuff and then asked me if i had a boyfriend and i said no. its me, who would like me, i dont know. then we talked about college and so on. . . he then asked me for my phone number. now remember this is a christian assisted living place. it humored me a little and i do have to say flattered me too ya know its me. anyways there is my interesting story for the day. have a grand ball of a night, i have to go work on a paper now. talk to you later.

No comments: