Monday, January 17, 2011

11wks 4days

Today was our first doctors appointment. The nurse answered our questions, thankfully (heartburn and constipation stink!). Then, later, we had our first ultrasound.

The ultrasound was reassuring to know the baby is doing well with a strong heartbeat and kicking up a storm. Lots of emotions went through me as I looked at the ultrasound screen. It is just super crazy to know that I have a baby growing inside me. Some time here I will have my, oh my goodness, cry. I keep looking at the images and thinking how crazy reproduction is and having a baby growing inside of me.

Jon says that I am not alone anymore... I guess not for the next seven or so months.





To add to other things, Jon went with me to get the ultrasound. I am super glad that he did. But it was funny because I had to have a pap smear also and to do the ultrasound they did the up the vagina way... to say the least, he was wondering at first why they had a box of condoms on the cart with the machine. He soon found out. He also saw that huge metal thing they shove into us women to make sure we are doing fine down there. Men, some day they will understand what it is like, well, sort of. They do have to have other things done to them when they are older.

No comments: