Sunday, December 05, 2010

suprise!

so here it is, Jon and I are starting the next step of our lives. Crazy to think about. I am pregnant. hmmm... that looks funny, especially with I before that. We found out a little more than a week ago. The doctors guess that I am in my 5th week making the babies due date August 4th.

Some thoughts I need to get out. . . So we weren't exactly trying to get pregnant but weren't not trying I suppose. We had started to talk about having kids, more like a kid earlier this summer. I had started to get into that time in life where I was thinking more about it and had started to get that wanting to care for something besides our two kitties. Though, those two kitties are a handful at times. Little trouble makers.

Anyways, I was a day or so late on my period and hadn't thought much of it. I had been a few days late the month before because of stress overload with work and life in general. I had taken a pregnancy test last month just in case that was why it was late. Only one pink line showed up on the test and a day or so later the cramps and blood came on strong.
Anyways, on that Monday I decided that why not take a pregnancy test again this month, just for the heck of it. I had told Jon earlier that week that I must be getting my period because my boobs were super soar. I followed the directions, laid the test on the instructions on the counter and finished using the restroom. As I reached over for some toilet paper a second pink line was coming into sight. Oh my gosh! Not now, not today, not me I thought! Heck, what is Jon going to say. He has said before when we talked about having kids that he wanted to wait until he was almost done with grad school. My heart raced, I had to tell him, but, but, ummm... I flushed the toilet, washed my hands slowly and stared down at that pregnancy test. I am pregnant.

I walked into the kitchen where he was making tacos, looked at my feet, Jon asked whats up. I told him to follow me. He followed me back to the bathroom, I pointed toward the pregnancy test. He just looked at me. And that was that. I took the other test that came in the box the next day, just in case. It was positive also.
We started doing our research. Jenny was the first one I told, I had to tell someone. And then we called both of our parents. Both my parents and my in-laws were surprised. I think my parents were a bit out of there element when we told them. My brother and his girlfriend are living with them, my sister keeps talking about getting married and her boyfriend hasn't asked yet (kind of wondering if he ever will), and now I am pregnant.
My in-laws on the other hand have 3 grandkids already. My father in-law sounded super excited, as he was with all 3 of the others, he has a thing with kids.


Here is what goes through my head, my aprox. due date is Aug. 4th. My sister wants to get married during August, okay! My brother in law and his fiance are (as far as I know) going to get married this summer. So that is that.


A little more to share, I have been super tired in the evening, feeling a bit nauseous now that I am over half way through week 5, I also get some headaches in the evenings. No food has really tasted super good, I have been drinking tons of water and now have to pee all the time it seems. Scooter hasn't been as cuddly with me the last couple of weeks, he has been going to Jon (that isn't normal). I read that cats can smell it on you and some cats dont go to you as much and other are super nurturing, kind of like how horses love pregnant women. Crazy.

Is my post getting long enough, cause I still have more to say!

We are going to tell our brothers and sisters at our Christmas get together. Any good ideas for sharing with the fam.? We have told Jon's sister, Mary, already though because she was able to answer some of my questions because she has 3 kids already, oldest 5 and youngest 1 year. She and her husband also wont be at Christmas up here in MN this year. Mary and my mother have answered some questions and had some suggestions. I am quite thankful to have that.

No comments: